Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Burning Intentions


Last April 6 was Good Friday. While thousands swarmed the churches, my partner and I went to the famous Santo Nino Shrine in Cebu City to light some candles and offered prayers for our families and friends. One prayer intention I offered was the following lines I made into a poem which I intended for my one love.


When love is there

I am not afraid.

To face the world

and all its trade.

Though burdens come

and tribulations, too.

I am confident

love will pull me through.

In times,

when things seem unbearable,

I look up the sky

and to God I call.

Then pray

for love so I can bear

and wait for answers

in the coming years.

Love is not blind

for it sees everything.

All of my dreams,

aspirations and longings.

Now, I see

what my future be,

to love you more

is my destiny.

this poet is a nomad by profession. his life is spent on the road...travelling everywhere. for details of his work check this link http://www.creativesolutionsph.org

No comments: